holidayhomes in the heart of the ardennes
Throughout the village, the surrounding forests and valleys meander through numerous marked hiking trails.
A must is the long trip around the lake of the Barrage de Nisramont.
amidst the beautiful fields and forests you'll find many hiking and cycling routes
also Maboge ("beach") isn't so far..
Samrée is close to the nature reserve 'Natura 2000', with beautiful walking trails through the woods and fields... The house is situated on the edge of the village and at the beginning of this hiking paradise.
and of course you can do cross-country skiing here when there 's enough snow .
in La Roche-en-Ardenne you will find culture and in the vicinity numerous attractions such as:
● beautiful Ruins of the feodal fortress - with the history of Berthe the ghost-
● the museum of the Battle (world-war), and American tanks
● the Pottery of La Roche,
● Tourist train,
● Ste-Margueritte chapel
● Belvedere of the Deister
● Clock of the City
● The Statue of M.A. Perk
● Parc L'ovive
● The wildlife park "Le parc a gibier" (10 ha)
● in winter, around Christmas and New Year, there is often an iceskating-rink in La Roche-en-Ardenne
You will find lots of activities near Houffalize:
● In Houffalize you can go swimming in Aqua l'O, the indoor swimming pool of hotel "Vayamundo": with children's pool and large bath, slide and sauna and steam bath.
● miniature golf,
● 'Houtopia', educational discovery spot for children, with large playground outdoors
around the area
you can certainly try one of these activities:
● the Achouffe brewery,
● "Plage de Maboge", Maybe you would rather picnic on these sunbathing grass-areas where you can paddle in the Ourthe.
● In Baraque de fraiture the ski slopes are open in winter when there is enough snow,
● Of course you can also explore the numerous cross-country skiing runs, such as in Samrée
● Always beautiful are the caves of Han and the caves of Hotton.
● The parc chlorophylle (9 ha) in Dochamps offers you a voyage of discovery - literally - through the woods with a large playground at the end
● This environment is a paradise for adventurers. There are several outdoor centers where you can go rafting, mountain biking, horseback riding, archery and much more. The 250 km of marked tours for hikers and cyclists and also the more than 20 km long part of the Ourthe, intended for kayaking and rafting, will surprise sports enthusiasts.